Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this contest (the "Promotion"). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Eligibility. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO THOSE WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND APVO ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit one entry per person (for non-team entries). Limit one entry per team (for team entries). (Entrants may enter as an individual or as part of a team, but not both. Teams may be made up of three participants.) However, submissions from a team must be made by a single team representative. For team entries, the prize will be given/paid to the team representative who submitted the entry for the team. Sponsor will have no responsibility thereafter to award prizes to the individual team members. If more than one team member submits an entry, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entry and/or select a team representative in its sole discretion. Residents of the province of Quebec in Canada are ineligible to participate. Residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Myanmar (formerly Burma) and Sudan are also ineligible to participate. The Contest is void in these countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. APVO reserves the right to limit, or restrict upon notice, participation in the Contest to any person at any time for any reason.
Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 6:00 P.M. (all times Pacific Daylight Time) on September 7, 2011 and ends at 11:59 P.M. on October 16, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period (and meet other requirements in these Official Rules) to be eligible to win a prize.
Prizes. Prizes will be awarded as follows (as selected by the Sponsor judging panel(s) (discussed below)):
- First Place Prize: One first place prize winner will receive:
- A check for $10,000.
- One Year of FREE CONNECT service, 3scale's Self Service API Management solution, up to 1 Million calls per day and including the Billing & Payment module (Worth $3,240)
- Second Place Prize: One second place prize winner will receive:
- A check for $5,000.
- Six Months of FREE CONNECT service, 3scale's Self Service API Management solution, up to 500.000 calls per day and including the Billing & Payment module (Worth $2,040)
- Third Place Prize:
- One iPad 2 16G WiFi for each participant on the team (up to Three)
- Combined approximate retail value of all Promotion prizes: $22,000.
- First Place Prize: One first place prize winner will receive:
Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. All prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within 7 days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prizes will be permitted. Limit one prize per entry (regardless of whether the entry is submitted by multiple team members). All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
How to Enter. To enter, take the following steps:
- First, visit dev.viadeo.com/challenge (the "Site"), complete the online entry form for the Promotion and follow the directions to submit your application
- An entry into the Promotion consists of your completed online registration form. Entry Materials received by postal mail, facsimile or other means not expressly permitted in these Official Rules will not be considered. All Entry Materials must comply with the requirements of these Official Rules to be eligible to win.
- All entries must be in English. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entries that are inappropriate for any reason, including, without limitation, Videos that contain, depict, describe, mention, or refer to profane, sexually explicitly, hateful, defamatory, or discriminatory material or are otherwise not appropriate for, or consistent with, Sponsor's brand image.
Promotion Rules. Entries will be judged as follows
- First Round: Between October 15 and October 20, 2011, a panel of qualified Sponsor employee judges will evaluate and score entries based on the Judging Criteria.
- Finalist Round: On or about October 21, 2011, a panel of qualified Sponsor employee judges (together, the "Finalist Judging Panel") will evaluate and score entries and select the first, second and third place based on the Judging Criteria.
- Entries will be judged on the following "Judging Criteria":
- Smart use of APIs
- The app has to use at least the Viadeo API, but is not limited to Viadeo API only.
- Other kinds of API can be added to enrich the app.
- Killer app
- Is it innovative and creative? Is it disruptive?
- Is it easy to use?
- Is it visually attractive?
- Is it useful?
- Is it based on a good business model?
- Out of the box
- Is it ready to launch?
- Smart use of APIs
- In the unlikely event of a tie, the finalist/winning teams will be determined by the Finalist Judging Panel pursuant to the highest score in the following category: Smart us of APIs. Sponsor will notify the potential winners by e-mail using the information provided in the online registration form on or about October 24, 2011. To claim a prize, each winner must follow the instructions contained in his/her notification.
License for Entries. You hereby acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of the Submission Agreement including, without limitation, the license you granted to Sponsor pursuant to Section 1 of the Submission Agreement. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect, or confirm Sponsor's license rights as set forth in Section 1 of the Submission Agreement. Entry Materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Promotion will not be returned to entrants.
Non-Infringing Entry Materials. You hereby represent and warrant that (a) you are eligible to enter the Promotion; (b) the Video is original to you and that you are the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Video and have the right to grant the rights granted herein or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit the Video in connection with the Promotion and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules and the Submission Agreement; and (c) the Video and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
General Release. 1. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness, persona, and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute an additional written consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness, persona, and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners (including the team representative and each individual team member if the winning entry is a team entry) will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other required legal, regulatory or tax-related documents.
The list of winners. For a copy of the winner list, visit blog.viadeo.com/en/
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE WWW.VIADEO.NET WEBSITE, ELECTRONIC OR COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING PROVIDED FOR THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS THAT ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW IN A PARTICULAR ENTRANT'S JURISDICTION WILL NOT APPLY TO SUCH ENTRANT.
Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend, cancel, postpone or extend the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Viadeo Dev Challenge Questions.
Sponsor: APVO, 310 Howard Street Suite 1440, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States